I am committed to safeguarding the privacy of my website visitors; this statement sets out how I will treat your personal information.
What information does this website collect?
- Information about your computer and about your visits to and use of this website. This includes your IP address, geographical location, browser type and version, operating system, referral source, length of visit, page views, website navigation.
- Information that you provide to me for the purpose of registering/submitting comments.
- Any other information that you choose to send to me.
A ‘cookie’ consists of information sent by a web server to a web browser, and stored by the browser. The information is then sent back to the server each time the browser requests a page from the server. This enables the web server to identify and track the web browser. I may use both ‘session’ cookies and ‘persistent’ cookies on the website.
I will use the session cookies to:
- keep track of you whilst you navigate the website.
I will use the persistent cookies to:
- enable my website to recognise you when you visit again.
Using your personal information
Personal information submitted to me via this website will be used for the purposes specified in this privacy statement or in relevant parts of the website.
I may use your personal information to:
- Administer the website
- Improve your browsing experience by personalising the website
- Enable your use of the services available on the website
- Send statements and invoices to you, and collect payments from you
- Send you general (non-marketing) commercial communications
- Send you email notifications which you have specifically requested
- Send to you marketing communications relating to my business (or the businesses of carefully-selected third parties) which I think may be of interest to you, where you have specifically agreed to this, by email or similar technology (you can inform me at any time if you no longer require marketing or other communications)
- Provide third parties with statistical information about my users – but this information will not be used to identify any individual user
I will not provide your personal information to any third parties for the purpose of direct marketing.
I may disclose information about you to any of my subcontractors, officers, agents or suppliers as reasonably necessary for the purposes as set out in this privacy statement.
In addition, I may disclose your personal information:
- To the extent that I am required to do so by law
- In connection with any legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings
- In order to establish, exercise or defend my legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk)
- To the purchaser (or prospective purchaser) of any business or asset which I am (or am contemplating) selling
- To any person who I reasonably believe may apply to a court or other competent authority for disclosure of that personal information where, in my reasonable opinion, such court or authority would be reasonably likely to order disclosure of that personal information.
Except as provided in this privacy statement, I will not provide your information to third parties.
International data transfers
Information that I collect may be stored and processed in and transferred between any of the countries in which I operate in order to enable me to use the information in accordance with this privacy statement.
Information which you provide may be transferred to countries which do not have data protection laws equivalent to those in force in the European Economic Area. In addition, personal information that you submit for publication on the website will be published on the internet and may be available, via the internet, around the world. I cannot prevent the use or misuse of such information by others. You expressly agree to such transfers of personal information.
Security of your personal information
I will take reasonable technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information. I will store all the personal information you provide on my secure server. Of course, data transmission over the internet is inherently insecure, and I cannot guarantee the security of data sent over the internet.
I may update this privacy statement from time-to-time by posting a new version on my website. You should check this page occasionally to ensure you are happy with any changes. I may also notify you of changes to my privacy statement by email.
You may instruct me to provide you with any personal information I hold about you. I may withhold such personal information to the extent permitted by law. You may instruct me not to process your personal information for marketing purposes by email at any time. In practice, you will usually either expressly agree in advance to use your personal information for marketing purposes, or I will provide you with an opportunity to opt-out of the use of your personal information for marketing purposes.
Third party websites
The website contains links to other websites. I am not responsible for the privacy statements or practices of third party websites.